KSRA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Wednesday 1st July 2020
Minutes of the AGM were held via zoom due to the coronavirus pandemic
Attendees; (23 an increase noted on physical attendance at Bexley Park in previous years)
Committee Representatives were Gerard L’Aimable (Park Langley), Baz Hodson (Hythe), Nigel Pope (Thanet), Gloria Riley (Dover), Steve Franks (ES & Bromley CC), John Creek (Knole Park), John Hogwood (Maidstone), Paul Roberts (Bexley), Joe Magor (Canterbury)
Club Representatives were Nicola Smith (Canterbury), Claire Goodayle (Mote), Danny Downing (Blackheath), Mark@Beckenham, Kevin Clark (Blackheath), Neville Sears (Rodmersham), John Williams (Park Langley) Jason Barry (ES coach), Darryl Wilson (Thanet), Simon Ashby (Biddenden), Martin Clark (Rodmersham), Graham Cutting (Canterbury), Harry@dulwich, Tim Garner (Dulwich)
Apologies received from Tony Hooper
- AGM minutes 2019 were agreed as a true record and no amendments were made. (Acceptance via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections)
- Chairman’s Report; (emailed & circulated via the league website and WhatsApp). The Chairman, Baz Hodson outlined key points in his address, including the continued cooperation with England Squash and the SE Forum chaired by Chris Vine. Thanks were recorded of the committee for their continued hard work during this difficult time facing the country and the sport in general.
- Treasurer Report; (emailed & circulated via the league website and WhatsApp) Gerard L’Aimable produced a comprehensive breakdown and chart, stating a positive balance of £48,618 in reserve at year-end. Expenditure at events including the inter-county totalled £8400, whilst junior coaching cost £5,175 but generated £3635 in fees towards this expense. Junior expenses accounted for 75% of the annual spend. The end of the financial year was impacted by COVID19 and most activity stopped, although a bounce back fund was established, with England Squash support, for use the moment that permission is given to re-commence squash training, matches and clubs’ opening. - Acceptance via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections. - Acceptance of the league auditor, Bayar Hughes & Co., via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections. Proposed by Treasurer that Kent membership fees were suspended for the coming season - Acceptance via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections.
- Junior Report by Steve Franks (emailed & circulated via the league website and WhatsApp). SF elaborated on the slides and work carried out in the junior programme and the thanks to the coaches that supported him up to the pandemic hit. - Acceptance via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections.
- Election of Trustees & Officers, President Gerard L’Aimable, Chairman Baz Hodson, Secretary Gloria Riley, Treasurer Gerard L’Aimable, Junior Chair Nigel Pope, Development Officer Steve Franks, Website & Marketing Joe Magor, County internal league officers John Creek, John Hogwood & Tony Hooper - Election via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections Committee members Brian Hollands, Darryl Wilson - Election via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections.
- League & Cup Competitions; the winter programme was extended to the 30th of September to see if this would enable divisional winners to be decided and the cup competitions were extended for the season to 8th December. - Acceptance of these proposals via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections Proposal that the league rules circulated to clubs were adopted - Acceptance via a zoom poll & all in favour with no objections A discussion took place on the set up for matches for the forthcoming season, taking into account the possibility of cancelled matches and the unfairness of home teams carrying the expense, without a return match. JH suggested a fixed fee for away teams in the future.
- COVID 19 Update; A discussion took place on the England Squash document circulated to clubs titled ‘ Re-opening of Clubs’ and along with the Canterbury SC interpretation of this document.
- AOB; It was minuted that if required an EGM would be diarised for 9th December 2020 to conclude the 2020 season and discuss the 2021 season.
Meeting closed by Chairman Baz Hodson and he wished everyone a safe summer, whilst mentioning that England Squash & the KSRA would be holding meetings via zoom to update clubs & coaches during the pandemic.